FOR SENIOR SELLERS & BUYERS
Is it time to sell your family home?
Are you thinking of selling your home to downsize or move to a senior-supportive environment? Or perhaps to move in with an adult son or daughter who can assist you as you grow older?
Whatever the case may be, you may be considering leaving the family home and all that it represents: the place where children were raised, the safety and security of a family unit, the physical space where your oldest and dearest memories reside. For seniors, it can signify the best years of their lives, where friends and community ties were made.
Many seniors would prefer to continue living in their own home or aging in place. Sometimes though, circumstances don’t allow it:
Home maintenance becomes a burden
A major life event forces considering a move
An aging parent wants to live closer to adult children or other caretakers
Financial concerns make it difficult to keep the home
Support services are needed that are not available at home
Whatever the reason, there may come a time when parents, along with their adult children, consider selling and moving on.
By partnering with Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES) Doug Colliflower, you’ll gain the help and expertise of a REALTOR® specialized in meeting the needs of home buyers and sellers aged 50 plus.
Doug Can Help!
I have the education, the experience, and the team to serve as your trusted advisor through the unique financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating or selling your family home. I am a true fiduciary; your needs take precedence every step of the way.
• I will help guide you and your family through the journey.
• Is moving the best solution? I will help you consider all your options, including aging in place.
• What is the best way to downsize a lifetime’s worth of possessions? I will walk you through all the options.
• What are the tax implications of a sale and/or a new purchase? I will ensure all those questions get answered.
• I will complete a market analysis of your home’s value, assist in all preparations prior to sale, and create a comprehensive marketing plan.
• I can assist with properties in foreclosure or with a reverse mortgage.
• I will connect you with my team of movers, attorneys, financial advisors, etc. to provide whatever assistance your circumstances require.
• I will be your trusted advocate from the beginning to the very end.
I am a real estate professional dedicated to serving my clients with integrity, innovation, and care. I am committed to a daily study of the trends in my marketplace and the best practices for my profession. I seek first to understand, and then to seek solutions acceptable to all. I foster relationships through actions consistent with my principals of service, honesty, and fairness.
I am pleased to be your Seniors Real Estate Specialist®. For more information on the SRES® designation, visit SRES.org.
Click here for our Senior Resources page for organizations helpful to seniors.
In the planning stages of selling or buying? Click here to sign up for Doug’s Newsletter and Market Reports.
Here are some examples of Doug’s articles: